Here are some fascinating argumentative topics about the technology you would love to write about. Choose a question and read an overview of the best sources dealing with the issue.
Technology topics dealing with human-technology interaction
1. Is the use of technology changing people?
2. Is technology making people smarter or dumber? Review of credible sources on the topic.
3. Is technology making people lazier/more dependent on it?
4. How has a particular technology affected particular human practice? (Considering the past, you, for example, can look at the effects of the invention of a bulb, a printing machine, an atom bomb, etc. Considering the present times, you can argue that the Internet has transformed the way people communicate, work, do business, socialize, protest etc. and consider if this effect is rather positive or negative)
5. Is technology the opposite of nature? See other philosophy and ethics essay topics.
6. Is it possible to say that solving one human problem technology creates another?
7. Should the developed world care about the accessibility of technology worldwide?
Technology topics discussing the development of technology
8. Should there be any public/legal control over the development of technology?
9. Should the state invest in the development of new weapons and war technologies?
10. Should the state invest in space studies? Review of credible sources on the topic.
11. Should people colonize other planets? (yes, should…? not can…? Scientists say we already know we can)
12. Will the development of Artificial Intelligence rather benefit or harm people?
13. Should cloning be allowed?
14. Should genetic engineering be allowed? Review of credible sources on the topic.
15. Is it possible that humans will merge with technology into a Singularity?
16. Is it possible that the Technological Brave New World will be created?
Technology and education
17. Does the use of computers/technology in class benefit the educational process?
18. Should students be allowed to use computers and tablets in classes?
19. Can online education be compatible with the traditional one?
20. Can technology solve the crises of higher education? (See other essay topics on education)
21. Should students be taught typing instead of writing?
22. Should the language of coding be taught as a major?
23. Should there be any regulation of cyberbullying?
24. Should video games be used in education?
Essay topics investigating the use of technology in medicine
25. What is the role of technology in medicine today? (See other health and healthcare topics)
26. Are cognitive computers like Watson a good idea?
27. Will computers be able to displace doctors? Will it be rather good or bad?
28. Should scientists experiment with cloning/genetic engineering for medical purposes?
29. Should there be any limits to medical tests on humans, animals?
30. Should there be any regulation on infertility technologies?
31. Should more funding be allocated to practical research projects, which provide direct medical help to individuals, or the National Institute of Health dealing mostly with projects without immediate practical application?
Essay topics discussing social media
32. Has social media enriched or impoverished people’s social life? (See other topics for sociology research)
33. How has social media affected interpersonal communication?
34. Should children and adolescents be encouraged or discouraged from having social media profiles?
35. Should social media profile be considered in the hiring process?
36. Should police and intelligence be granted access to social media profiles? (See other essay topics on state policy)
37. Should there be legal consequences for hate speech on the internet?
38. Should “free speech” rules apply to social media posting and activity?
Find more social media essay topics along with the tips, hook ideas, pros and cons of social media and 10 credible sources review in a dedicated post.